Apresentação / Biografia
In today’s highly competitive and fast-paced market, organizations need strong and aggressive sales leadership to meet ever-changing business development goals. I am certain I can contribute this level of performance to your team, and invite you to consider my qualifications and accomplishments:
• Experience - 15+ years of productive regional sales management, coupled with an PAGE (Advanced Management Programme for Executives)-equivalent to MBA, several executive seminars, and a track record of success in leading diverse teams of value-added resellers;
• Results - acknowledged for driving multimillion-euro annual revenue growth; recipient of multiple company sales awards;
• Performance - recognized as a top sales producer; recipient of numerous team-building commendations.
I am an accomplished strategist and solution-oriented manager who thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments where my performance directly impacts the bottom line. In addition, I have solid organizational leadership and decision-making skills that can make an immediate contribution to your operations and business development.
Currently, I am seeking a position where I can continue to uphold strong sales and performance standards, willing eventually to relocate and available to travel. As a member of management team, I am confident that my innovative and results-focused approach would make a significant contribution to the continued success of your organization.
Recently over a 3 year mission in LatAm (Chile), and now involved into a expansion thru Europe and South America markets I find myself looking forward for new and challenging project. My background is based in Industry and moreover Architecture and Engineering, Business Development and Operations Management. My international experience gather with global market vision and customer service focus makes me believe can represent an added value being a strong asset into this project.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, 2016 - PRESENT
IASO, Lisbon, Portugal
IASO specializes in finding solutions that protect us from the light, but without making it disappear. For better organization and communication, IASO is divided into three divisions, each one with its own technical and human resources for its independent development: Outdoor solutions, Textile Architecture and Pools.
• Business development. Development company strategies and statistics systems.
• Strategic Consulting, including business plan & sales strategy development.
• Advising new businesses on formation of corporations and business structures, drafting privacy policies and structuring commercial transactions.
• Generated new development deals that focuses on hotels, chain restaurants projects, including architecture-engineering consulting.
• Launched new business development initiatives into international market.
• Prospect, develop, and close sales opportunities within the Europe and South America region to meet and exceed target sales volume and margin
• Develop and manage business relationships with potential and key customers
• Manage the entire customer selling process including forecasting, order entry, product delivery and payment collection by work closely with company departments. Assist in the implementation of marketing activities.
• Stay current on the market and provide prompt feedback to management on product trends, competitor sales activities, and market conditions and changes. Coordinate responses to quote requests and RFP’s
• Perform analyses of renewable energy system performance and installation quality.
• Review economics, and policies for a variety of stakeholder audiences and help establish and implement policies
Architecture and Engineering
Energy and Industry
DIRECTOR, 2015 - 2016
AUDILAR, Lisbon, Portugal
Audilar is a company exposing key infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services, digital marketing, offer customers more types of products, more conveniently, and at even lower prices. Among its many technological innovations for customers the spirit of innovation that is part of the company’s DNA drives a partner to development platform.
• Cultural transformation of the business leading to a favorable mix of products
• Deal and manage multi million projects
• International transactions and export experience (Europe and Africa)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/OPERATIONS (LatAm) MANAGER, 2012 - 2015
HAMONESINDUS, Santiago, Chile
HamonEsindus is a joint venture between Hamon group (Belgium) and Esindus (Spain).
To create the Sales and Operations department (including recruit, training, supervise, and evaluate department staff), defining the global strategies for all the Products & Services in the portfolio, in South America (Chile, Colombia & Peru). Define the strategies and development channels/markets.
• Consistent and continuously achieve EBIT over 12%, 3 times more than average group results
• Deal and manage EPC projects up to US$10-20m
• Set up network of distributors/agents thru LatAm
COUNTRY MANAGER, 2006 - 2012
ESINDUS, Lisbon, Portugal
Esindus is a leading innovator in cooling systems integrated in Hamon group, world player in engineering & contracting (design, installation and project management). Its activities include the design, the manufacturing of critical components, the installation and the after-sale services of cooling systems, process heat exchangers, air pollution control (APC) systems, and chimneys, used in power generation, oil & gas and other heavy industries like metallurgy, glass, chemicals.
Oversaw all sales and business development functions, including new product rollouts, key account management, customer relationship development, contract negotiations, and order fulfillment. Hold P&L and budget responsibilities. Provide cross-functional team training, coaching, and mentoring. Direct network of product managers and marketing associates located throughout Portugal (from or to).
• Instrumental in complete turnaround of under-performing sales team; set higher expectations and instituted individual team-member accountability resulting in 450% revenue increase over three years.
• Met or exceeded all quotas throughout tenure, averaging more than $5 million in annual sales in Portugal and earning multiple company awards in recognition of performance.
• Consistently developed strong, sustainable relationships with VAR partners and executive decision makers of major client companies.
BUSINESS UNIT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER/OWNER, 2005 - 2006
DJP – Lisbon, Portugal
DJP was an innovating star-up company leading cleaning technology and other industrial equipments.
Charged with increasing sales in major and global accounts while also expanding local customer base. Focus on selling solutions to fit customers unique technology needs; flexibly adapt sales tactics and presentations to match individual sales cycle, chain of command, decision-making process and need to relationship building. Target a broad market, meeting customer demand with sophisticated e-commerce sales and software solutions.
• Increased new-product revenue from zero to more than €100,000 by spearheading creation and implementation of highly effective commercial/marketing campaign.
• Successfully maintained and increased client base by designing and implementing strategic customer-retention projects.
NATIONAL SALES DIRECTOR, 2002 - 2005
VEXMAQ – Samora Correia, Portugal
PRODUCT MANAGER, DEALER DISTRIBUTION, 1999 - 2002
PRAXAIR – Vila Franca de Xira, Portugal
COMMERCIAL - SALES, 1998 - 1999
GUSTAVO CUDELL – Lisboa, Portugal
MAINTENANCE MANAGER, 1997 - 1998
KUKER/JOMI – Yecla-Murcia, Spain
Educação e formação
MBA - Executive Education (PAGE-Advanced Management Programme for Executives),
2008 – FCEE-School of Economics and Business Administration (UCP-Catholic University)-Lisbon, PT
Bachelor of Science (BSc) – Mechanical Engineering (Integrated Master),
1997 – FCT-Science & Technology Faculty (UNL-The New University of Lisbon)-Monte da Caparica, PT
Professional Development Courses:
Client & Vendor Negotiations. Budgeting & Forecasting. Organizational Development. Team Building & Training. Communication & Organization
Spanish & English: Fluent - French & Italian: Basic
Aptidões e competências pessoais
I am a highly motivated, goal-oriented professional; a decision-maker skilled in implementing new ideas. As a professional, energetic sales and operations professional with a knack for matching customers with optimal products and services to meet their specific needs. Consistently received excellent feedback from customers with track record for meeting timelines and exceeding expectations.
Strong background in marketing, business development, and project management, Intercultural sensitivity, traveling intensively trough out Europe and having lived abroad (LatAm-Chile) for over 3 years. Over 15 years of combined experience in financial, legal and sales industries.
I have strong leadership skills; able to prioritize, delegate tasks, and make sound decisions quickly while maintaining a focus on the bottom line.