Our client leading company in the renewable sector with an important portfolio more than 700MW seeks to incorporate a Business Developer in Portugal, based in Lisbon.
• Originate and develop new wind and photovoltaic projects.
• Search and create Business Opportunities on wind and Solar PV, ensuring projects reach ready to build status by managing the relationship with the relevant stakeholders such as developers, authorities, land owners, grid operators, offtakers, advisors, etc.
• Link and work with local authorities, utility companies and private entities as well as with financial institutions, funds, potential investors and buyers creating the strategic partnerships for the country.
• Coordinate the tasks and inputs of the Engineering team as well as the supporting functions such as Legal, Tax, and Finance team during the development phase as well as during the selling phase.
• Knowledge in execution of PPA contracts with potential off takers and/or final investors.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering.
• Minimum of 2- 5 years of experience in development and new business opportunities in the energy sector.
• Previous relevant experience and deep understanding of the permitting processes in Portugal, application and regulation.
• Experience on project finance is a plus.
Skills and Competences
• Strong analytical skills, capable to focus on the more relevant topics prioritizing and to properly identify the key risks.
• Strong knowledge of Wind & Solar industry and it´s different technologies.
• Flexible attitude, with the ability to effectively manage unexpected changes.
• Good communication skills, capable to communicate clearly and effectively and to manage executive communications.
• High motivated professional, able to work under pressure.
• Portuguese & Fluent English is mandatory; Spanish language is a plus.